Re: [genphoto] Re: photographer in Virginia

  • Carla G
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2008
      Hi Danielle,
      Yea. I was cheered when Lindy send me a copy.
      I guess your right, because those books and sites I've gone through have
      resulted in nothing as far as local photog info.
      Just hoping I'd get an easy answer I guess.
      Thanks for writing!
      Carla

      On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:27 PM, sailorsravinestudio <
      sailorsravinestudio@...> wrote:

      > Hi Carla, how lucky you are to get that photo. I cannot help you
      > myself but I would look up the museums and historical societies in
      > Gate City and contact them. Maybe Gate City was the closest big town
      > to your ggggrandfather or he went there for a special occation. Good
      > luck.
      > Danielle

    • greensandnettles
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2009
        Carla, have you tried contacting the local historical society & public library local history library? There may be a city directory that would list your photographer.

        http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vaschs2/index.htm
        http://genealogytrails.com/vir/scott/
        http://vagenweb.org/scott/

        Stacye in Virginia