RE: Cased photo questions

  • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2008
      Danielle wrote:

      I am thinking maybe an Ambrotype. I have posted photos in a
      new album titled Cased Photo.

      It appears to be an Ambrotype (glass plate), but you will need to carefully remove the image from the case. This is not difficult. Images can usually be tapped out with the mat and frame attached. Then you will be able to confirm that it is a glass plate. If the glass is tinted a reddish color then it is a ruby plate. In some cases I have found information written inside the case.

      Bill Christen

      gwjchris@...
      Visit our web site, The Curiosity Shop at
      http://home.earthlink.net/~gchristen