Re: photographer in Virginia

  • sailorsravinestudio
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2008
      Hi Carla, how lucky you are to get that photo. I cannot help you
      myself but I would look up the museums and historical societies in
      Gate City and contact them. Maybe Gate City was the closest big town
      to your ggggrandfather or he went there for a special occation. Good
      luck.
      Danielle
    • Carla G
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2008
        Hi Danielle,
        Yea. I was cheered when Lindy send me a copy.
        I guess your right, because those books and sites I've gone through have
        resulted in nothing as far as local photog info.
        Just hoping I'd get an easy answer I guess.
        Thanks for writing!
        Carla

        On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:27 PM, sailorsravinestudio <
        sailorsravinestudio@...> wrote:

        > Hi Carla, how lucky you are to get that photo. I cannot help you
        > myself but I would look up the museums and historical societies in
        > Gate City and contact them. Maybe Gate City was the closest big town
        > to your ggggrandfather or he went there for a special occation. Good
        > luck.
        > Danielle

      • greensandnettles
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 21 2:00 AM
          Carla, have you tried contacting the local historical society & public library local history library? There may be a city directory that would list your photographer.

          http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vaschs2/index.htm
          http://genealogytrails.com/vir/scott/
          http://vagenweb.org/scott/

          Stacye in Virginia