Thumb Drive

  • HDM SHORT
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
      Hi All:

      Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this message on.

      Does any one know how to tell if I have bad USB port on my Computer? When ever I plug in a flash drive the color of my desktop icons change color, the icons enlarge and the screen gets fuzzy (grainy) looking. I have to shut down and restart the computer and its ok.
      Any ideas will be appreciated.

      Harry
      In rainy cold California

    • Michael Stupinski
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
        What computer are you using?
        What operating system and version?
        Does this happen with different flash drives, or only one?
        When you insert a removable disc in one of the computer's drives,
        does the same thing happen?

        Don't know if I can help, but the above info will be valuable to
        anyone trying to help.

        ........Mike
        In sunny cold Connecticut ;-)

        On Feb 2, 2008, at 1:34 PM, HDM SHORT wrote:

        > Hi All:
        >
        > Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this message on.
        >
        > Does any one know how to tell if I have bad USB port on my
        > Computer? When ever I plug in a flash drive the color of my desktop
        > icons change color, the icons enlarge and the screen gets fuzzy
        > (grainy) looking. I have to shut down and restart the computer and
        > its ok.
        > Any ideas will be appreciated.
        >
        > Harry
        > In rainy cold California
      • Wilbur Russell

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
            Flash drives can be troublesome. I bought my wife a 4 gig SanDisk
            drive. It will work on her XP Dell and on my Vista Dell but not on
            my XP Dell. It crashes mine.

            I then bought a 1 gig SanDisk drive and it works on all three. Go
            figure. I am using it to migrate photos to my Vista machine which
            will not operate my scanner.