[genphoto] Re: New Poll: What is your favorite type of software for organizin...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
      Jerry,
      perhaps I should make that a future poll. If you will send me your
      suggestions of favorite organizers, I will create a poll from the list.
      Send suggestions to editor@...

      I just print my photos from Picture Publisher. I haven't tried printing
      from the Adobe PhotoDeluxe software that came with my camera yet. PP is a
      originally PhotoShop clone (uses some of the same access keys on menus),
      but it takes a different approach to layers. It has full CYMK control over
      printing, and has all the color matching system that PS has, sometimes that
      orientation can be irritating when creating an image for the web. But I
      never really use all the bells and whistles.

      I have a an Olympus D340R, which I purchased until some of the 2m pixel
      cameras either come down in price or offer more features at the current
      price level. We recently replaced our inkjet with a laser printer, so I
      will not be making any color prints for a while. I will be shopping in
      future for a better inkjet, probably an Epson. I'd like any advice or
      experience with Epson printers, especially the art quality ones.

      Steve

      >I voted for Genealogy Software, but notice that many voted for Photo
      >Organizing Software. I'd be interested in hearing about these. I have
      >recently bought a Sony Mavica Digital Camera, and have not yet decided how to
      -:- Steve Knoblock Email:
      mailto:knoblock@...
      -:- GenPhoto List Administrator Web:
      http://www.city-gallery.com/photogen/
      and http://www.egroups.com/group/genphoto/
    • TLN
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
        Just a reminder that most graphics software included with
        scanners and other hardware is usually the LE or "light" edition.
        These LE versions are limited in their capablities and have reduce
        features over their full versions that cost much more.

        Tom

        On 1 Jan 00, at 10:49, Steve Knoblock wrote:

        > Jerry,
        > perhaps I should make that a future poll. If you will send me your
        > suggestions of favorite organizers, I will create a poll from the list.
        > Send suggestions to editor@...
        >
        > I just print my photos from Picture Publisher. I haven't tried printing
        > from the Adobe PhotoDeluxe software that came with my camera yet. PP is a
        > originally PhotoShop clone (uses some of the same access keys on menus),
        > but it takes a different approach to layers. It has full CYMK control over
        > printing, and has all the color matching system that PS has, sometimes that
        > orientation can be irritating when creating an image for the web. But I
        > never really use all the bells and whistles.
        >
        > I have a an Olympus D340R, which I purchased until some of the 2m pixel
        > cameras either come down in price or offer more features at the current
        > price level. We recently replaced our inkjet with a laser printer, so I
        > will not be making any color prints for a while. I will be shopping in
        > future for a better inkjet, probably an Epson. I'd like any advice or
        > experience with Epson printers, especially the art quality ones.
        >
        > Steve
        >

        > >I voted for Genealogy Software, but notice that many voted for Photo
        > >Organizing Software. I'd be interested in hearing about these. I have
        > >recently bought a Sony Mavica Digital Camera, and have not yet decided how to
        > -:- Steve Knoblock Email:
        > mailto:knoblock@...
        > -:- GenPhoto List Administrator Web:
        > http://www.city-gallery.com/photogen/
        > and http://www.egroups.com/group/genphoto/

        > At Esurance.com you can buy customized insurance online. Call 1-800-926-6012 and complete a quote
        today to start saving money tomorrow or just go to

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=genphoto&m=1

      • DEaston
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
          Hi Steve;

          It's been awhile. The digest of PhotoGen had quit sending me anything
          long ago, so it's good to see there's still a list.

          You might add a category if you're going to do a poll; printing
          software. With all-digital (had my N950 about 6 months) many
          times you want to just get that stuff on paper without a hassle,
          and there are some great programs for just that, with really
          dynamite red-eye and blemish removal utilities included.

          I use all of them; genealogy for making the books, organizing for
          tracking all those images, and printing software to get the most
          bang for the buck out of slewing all those smaller images onto
          A3/A2 (17x22) photo paper on an Epson 1540.

          regards,
          Dugal Easton