Re: [genphoto] Re: WWII pictures

  • the Crows
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2007
      Barbara,
      "There are a ton of websites around with Air Force historical photos and
      artwork. Not knowing what she may be looking for, specifically, I'd
      first recommend a Google Image search. Try Army Air Corps, or USAAF.
      Also, go to www.af.mil -- under "art" there used to be a link to the Air
      University's multimedia site in Montgomery; as well as a really
      well-done location at Langley's Air Combat Command multimedia. Can't
      find those links in the current Air Force website, but the bases are
      listed under "sites" on the tab at the top of the page. If all else
      fails, have her check in with our buddies at the Air Force Museum.
      They've changed their website address-- www.nationalmuseum.af.mil. "
      Hope this helps. Evan

    • callfosh@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2007
        If you are looking for photos for one of the squadrons in the 100th Bombardment Group, you can go to www.100thbg.com. That site has a large number of photos. You can also write the webmaster if you need to be directed to other groups.

        Kathy Callahan
        www.preservephotoimages.com