US Post Office - In God We Trust - Off Topic

  • Pamm Garber
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
      This was forwarded to me and it just sounds like a good idea...after all, if we as historians are trying to preserve our family heritage, this sounds like another way to do just that!
      Pamm

      ("IN GOD WE TRUST") WRITE IT ON THE BACK OF YOUR
      ENVELOPES

      I THINK THIS A GREAT IDEA. I WILL START WRITING THIS
      ON FRONT OF ALL MY ENVELOPES, TOO!

      You may have heard in the news that a couple of Post
      Offices in Texas have been forced to take down small posters
      that say "IN GOD WE TRUST,"
      The law, they say, is being violated.

      Anyway, I heard proposed on a radio station show,
      that we should all write "IN GOD WE 'TRUST" on the back of
      all our mail After all, that is our national motto, and it's
      on all the money we use to buy th ose stamps.
      I think it is a wonderful idea.

      We must take back our nation from all the people who
      think that anything that offends them should be removed!!!

      If you like this idea, please pass it on and DO IT.
      The idea of writing or stamping "IN GOD WE TRUST" on
      our envelopes sounds good to me.
      I'M HAVING MY STAMP MADE TODAY!

      It has been reported that 86% of Americans believe in
      God. Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why
      there is such a mess about having "In God We Trust" on our
      money and having God in the pledge of Allegiance.

      Could it be that WE just need to take action and tell
      the 14% to "sit down and shut up"?

      If you agree, pass this on, if not delete .

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
        Sit down and shut up? Isn't that what King George would have said to Patrick
        Henry?

        At 03:56 PM 3/29/2007 -0700, you wrote:

        > This was forwarded to me and it just sounds like a good idea...after all, if
        > we as historians are trying to preserve our family heritage, this sounds
        like
        > another way to do just that!
        > Pamm
        >
        > ("IN GOD WE TRUST") WRITE IT ON THE BACK OF YOUR
        > ENVELOPES
        >
        > I THINK THIS A GREAT IDEA. I WILL START WRITING THIS
        > ON FRONT OF ALL MY ENVELOPES, TOO!
        >
        > You may have heard in the news that a couple of Post
        > Offices in Texas have been forced to take down small posters
        > that say "IN GOD WE TRUST,"
        > The law, they say, is being violated.
        >

        > Anyway, I heard proposed on a radio station show,
        > that we should all write "IN GOD WE 'TRUST" on the back of
        > all our mail After all, that is our national motto, and it's
        > on all the money we use to buy th ose stamps.
        > I think it is a wonderful idea.
        >
        > We must take back our nation from all the people who
        > think that anything that offends them should be removed!!!
        >
        > If you like this idea, please pass it on and DO IT.
        > The idea of writing or stamping "IN GOD WE TRUST" on
        > our envelopes sounds good to me.
        > I'M HAVING MY STAMP MADE TODAY!
        >

        > It has been reported that 86% of Americans believe in
        > God. Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why
        > there is such a mess about having "In God We Trust" on our
        > money and having God in the pledge of Allegiance.
        >
        > Could it be that WE just need to take action and tell
        > the 14% to "sit down and shut up"?
        >
        > If you agree, pass this on, if not delete .

      • Merle
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
          Thank you!