City Gallery Downloads and Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      I am in the process of restoring Downloads to City Gallery. There were
      not many, but the installation of the content management system
      affected the directory where the files were residing and blocked
      access to content that had been previously available for years. The
      installer gave no warning. So I've removed the block.

      The files available for download include

      * Carte de Visite Matrix. A chart to help estimate when a carte de
      visite was produced.

      * Family Photo Form. A blank form to record information about a family
      photograph.

      Go to the homepage and click on the Downloads link in the header or
      you may peek in

      http://www.city-gallery.com/files/pdf/

      If the traffic stays low I can I keep them there. Otherwise, I will
      move them to GenPhoto files section.

      A year ago, in Spring 2006, I began the process of reviving City
      Gallery by cleaning out old content, reorganizing the site, disabling
      parts of the site with security issues (at least temporarily), created
      a new look for the site and replace an ad hoc collection of scripts
      with an open source content management system. As the year went by, I
      became increasingly sick until in December I was finally diagnosed
      with Crohn's disease. I had had a flare up.

      I am still not completely well, but hope to do what I can to restore
      City Gallery to operation. This is not helped by the increasing number
      of spammers using web robots to assault websites featuring tools that
      enable users to contribute content. I will be unable to bring back the
      City Gallery album until the code can be replaced with more secure and
      defensive code.

      I must fit work on City Gallery into my work on Folkstreams
      (folkstreams.net) and other commercial work.

      Steve Knoblock
      Editor
      city-gallery.com