Re: dpi

  • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
      As a publisher, I request all my contributors to submit 300dpi tiffs.

      If you scan at a lower resolution you cannot expect to get an image that
      will look good in print--despite how good it looks on a computer screen.

      A jpeg will work at 300dpi, put tiffs are the preferred format. I
      suggest that you just set the resolution on your scanner to 300dpi, and
      depending on the image size (in most cases not more than five or six
      inches wide), the file might be large. Large jpegs are easier to send by
      e-mail, but it still may require a CD or other file media to be sent by
      land mail.

      Bill Christen
      --
      gwjchris@...
      Visit our web site, "The Curiosity Shop"
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
        Bill, would even larger scans be better?

        Ruth