dpi

  • HDM SHORT
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hello:
      Can tell any one me a reference where I can find out how to submit Jpegs to magazines that need to be printed at 300 dpi.

      Thank you,

    • Ruth Harvey
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2006
        Harry:

        I'm not sure I understand your question? You just have to save the
        image as a jpg at a resolution of 300ppi?

        If I am not understanding, can you please elaborate what you need to do
        and why?

        Ruth

        HDM SHORT wrote:

        > Hello:
        > Can tell any one me a reference where I can find out how to submit
        > Jpegs to magazines that need to be printed at 300 dpi.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Harry
        >
        > .

      • HDM SHORT
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2006
          Ruth:
          I was looking for a way how to save photos at a 300ppi. I am going to take some photos for publication in a small magazine. They just send JPEGS and they take care of the resolution.
          Harry

          HDM SHORT wrote:

          > Hello:
          > Can tell any one me a reference where I can find out how to submit
          > Jpegs to magazines that need to be printed at 300 dpi.
          >
          > Thank you,
          > Harry
          >
          > .

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ruth Harvey
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2006
            Harry:

            What resolution are they when you take them? What photo editing
            software do you use?

            Did they specifically request 300 ppi?

            Ruth

            HDM SHORT wrote:

            > Ruth:
            > I was looking for a way how to save photos at a 300ppi. I am going to
            > take some photos for publication in a small magazine. They just send
            > JPEGS and they take care of the resolution.
            > Harry
            >
            > Ruth Harvey <harvey@...
            > <mailto:harvey%40greenvillenc.com>> wrote:
            > Harry:
            >
            > I'm not sure I understand your question? You just have to save the
            > image as a jpg at a resolution of 300ppi?
            >
            > If I am not understanding, can you please elaborate what you need to do
            > and why?
            >
            > Ruth
            >
            > HDM SHORT wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello:
            > > Can tell any one me a reference where I can find out how to submit
            > > Jpegs to magazines that need to be printed at 300 dpi.
            > >
            > > Thank you,
            > > Harry
            > >
            > > .
            > >

            > .

          • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
              As a publisher, I request all my contributors to submit 300dpi tiffs.

              If you scan at a lower resolution you cannot expect to get an image that
              will look good in print--despite how good it looks on a computer screen.

              A jpeg will work at 300dpi, put tiffs are the preferred format. I
              suggest that you just set the resolution on your scanner to 300dpi, and
              depending on the image size (in most cases not more than five or six
              inches wide), the file might be large. Large jpegs are easier to send by
              e-mail, but it still may require a CD or other file media to be sent by
              land mail.

              Bill Christen
              --
              gwjchris@...
              Visit our web site, "The Curiosity Shop"
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
                Bill, would even larger scans be better?

                Ruth