PDF photo problem

  • Ruth
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10 4:27 AM
      Hi,

      I have created a book that has around 500 photos in it inserted in Word 2000. The
      problem is that when I convert the Word to PDF, some (but not all) of the photos
      have a black line on their right border. The only way I have found to get rid of
      the line is to manipulate the photo in my software and reduce its size and
      repaste it into my Word document. So the quality of the photo is degraded by
      being smaller resolution.

      Anyone know what is causing the black line in PDF and how to correct it?

      Thanks,
      Ruth Rogers
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 6:38 AM
        Ruth,
        What method are you using to create the PDF file from Word and what software
        do you use to resize images? Are you using a version of Windows older than
        XP and an older version of Adobe Reader than 7.0.7?

        One of the genealogy programs was using an old PDF method until the end of
        2005. Picture in a sample PDF report had a white space on the left side and
        a black line through the picture on the right side. -- Elizabeth

        > I have created a book that has around 500 photos in it inserted in Word
        > 2000. The
        > problem is that when I convert the Word to PDF, some (but not all) of the
        > photos
        > have a black line on their right border. The only way I have found to get
        > rid of
        > the line is to manipulate the photo in my software and reduce its size and
        > repaste it into my Word document. So the quality of the photo is degraded
        > by
        > being smaller resolution.
      • Ruth
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10 9:44 AM
          Thanks for your reply.

          I am using Adobe 5.0 and Word 2000 on Windows XP.