Photo Corner Caution

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
      For people contemplating putting together a family, be careful when
      working with photo corners. I purchased a quality three ring archival
      album with slipcase and heavy card stock photo sheets with clear
      covers to create an album for some of our significant or interesting
      family photos. I purchased archival photo corners, which are
      transparent and have the adhesive kept back form the corners to reduce
      chance of oozing out on the photo. Although I had never used this kind
      of album before, I thought I was prepared to protect my photos.

      To practice putting together a page, I got out one of my photographs
      printed on the inkjet. I began peeling the corners off their non-stick
      pad. I set the first corner in place, fitted the print into it to
      place the next corner. The corners sometimes resist peeling off the
      base and can be hard to handle without getting it stuck to you. I
      fumbled the corner and it landed right on the image surface. Needless
      to say it pulled image right off the paper when I removed it. If this
      had been an important family photograph, it likely would have
      destroyed it.

      Be careful using photo corners. I now create a blank to use as a
      template. I take a sheet of bond paper and cut it to the size of
      image, then I use that to position the corners and get them seated
      before arching the photo slightly to mount it. There may be a better
      way, but this is how I did it.

      I am considering going back to clear photo pages where the photos are
      inserted into pockets.

      Steve
    • g.ruppert@att.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
        Using tweezers to manipulate those sticky little critters helps, but there are still a lot of problems getting the photo corners to stay where you want them.

        Gary
        Baltimore
        http://home.att.net/~g.ruppert

        -------------- Original message from Steve Knoblock <knoblock_private@...>: --------------