Re: [genphoto] Digest Number 641

  • Historic Photo Archive
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2005
      I have this camera and use it for copy work exclusively. If I am going to
      take an original photo then I use a 4x5" and shoot film.

      Anyway, I bought the D-70 because I have a suitcase full of Nikon lenses
      already. So it will not work in auto with old lenses. What I do is take a
      photo, then press the screen button to turn on the back display, then use
      the 4-way button on the back to go through screen options and get the
      histogram. I shoot until I have a nice looking histogram. You can't tell
      much looking at the screen photo.

      I would recommend that you set the ISO at default unless you need to change
      it for a specific reason. A good example of why you would want to change it
      is if you were using the camera simply as a polaroid and trying to match a
      film camera for previewing results, the digital camera is too sensitive to
      match a slow film. THere may be situations if you use a lot of high power
      strobe lights that you need to cut back. But ordinarily, I could not think
      of a case where you want to change from the default setting.

      I hope you have the manual for the camera, I think it is a download, when I
      got the camera i didn't know the first thing about how to use it and I had
      to RTFM.
      --
      Thomas Robinson
      http://www.historicphotoarchive.com