Scanner Suggestions

  • d6hamar
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2005
      I am going through at least 200 photos and putting them in photo
      albums. They include 6 generations and I am trying to get them all
      labeled. Some appear to be some of the old mercury style all the way
      up to present day.

      I am going to buy a scanner and get them all on disc as well as the
      photo albums. Probably a 6 month project, LOL.

      Needless to say I am going nuts with all this and rather than do the
      research myself I would like suggestions for the scanner and any
      programs. I would prefer a flat bed due to the age of many of the photos.

      Thanks,
      Deb
    • JackH12345@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2005
        About a year ago I bought a Epson Perfection 3170 which is a flat-bed that
        does slides. The quality of the scans is amazing. The only complaint I have is
        with the clunky software.

        There are new models now.

        Jack

      • Michael Stupinski
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 2005
          I suggest you try VueScan scanner software by Hamrick. You can
          download it from their website and try it, and it has been highly
          recommended. Go here:

          www.hamrick.com