I'll be away for a bit....

  • sogerd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
      Hello Group,

      Well, after 15 months and 1 week, my husband is going to return home
      (tomorrow) from a '12 month' overseas tour of duty with the military.
      His return will also be the 'kicker' that starts us on our move to
      our new Base Assignment. We were supposed to move to Japan in
      October, but our orders kept getting derailed, and generally
      SNAFU'd -- as only the Military can SNAFU things!

      Anyway, to make a long story short -- we are going to be transferred
      to Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. Our plan is to buy a home of our
      own, and live off Base. So....I don't know how long we are going to
      be 'homeless' per se. I do hope to be able to get -- or maintain
      off and on connections to the internet until we are settled. So I
      will still be checking in!

      Right now, the movers are coming on the 18th, 19th and 20th of Jan,
      and we have to be in Little Rock, "no later than 13 Feb 2005". We
      will be traveling to Utah, and then heading for Minnesota and
      Wisconsin, then straight south to Arkansas. So -- we'll see how it
      goes. (We are also traveling with my 87 yo mother who as advanced
      Alzheimer's, my special needs son, our dog, 2 cats, 2 fish and our
      obnoxious parrot.) So - wish us luck!

      In the meantime, I hope everyone will get busy sharing!
      Also - I wanted to share with you an International Project -
      www.Freecycle.org. Their goal is to reduce the amount of stuff in
      the Landfills, and to help spread good will! They do request that
      you OFFER something you may have 'extra' before you post things you
      WANT.

      Dawn
      List Moderator
    • Linda D
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
        Dawn,

        I am so excited for you - having your husband back has got to be the
        best belated Christmas gift ever.

        Please have a safe trip to your new home and make sure to check in when
        you can and let us know when you are settled. We will be waiting to
        hear all about your new home.

        God be with you one your cross country journey.

        Linda

      • genealogyjga@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
          It was nice to hear about your trip. You have an obnoxious parrot??? I
          love parrots and have a goffin's cockatoo. Parrots are so much fun and
          such a pain at the same time... the smartest birds in the world. Have a
          safe trip!