obtaining old pics

  • Rstarthistle@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
      I have a pic from sometime in the 1940's through 1960's. on the back it
      states: specify this no. 35666 when reordering pictures/ portrait Olan Mills
      studio/ Tuscaloosa, Alabama Is there a way to find out if there are other pics by
      Olan Mills either of the same person or purchased by the same person. A
      descendant of the person in the pic says his father sold off all their family pics
      for the price of the frames so he only has a few that were hidden away in a
      shoe box. I'm hoping there is a way to find out if "alice" had other pics
      taken at the same time as her portrait so he can start rebuilding what was lost.

      Rhonda

    • genealogyjga@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
        Rhonda,

        I had my kids pictures taken at Olan Mills and they only save the
        negatives for a year so you won't be able to get any more pictures from
        them. Sorry!
      • Linda
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2004
          Rhonda

          Get in touch with Olan Mills. They keep a record of their pictures. I did
          this a few years ago and was happy with the other pictures that we were able
          to locate.

          Linda

          I have a pic from sometime in the 1940's through 1960's. on the back it
          states: specify this no. 35666 when reordering pictures/ portrait Olan Mills

          studio/ Tuscaloosa, Alabama Is there a way to find out if there are other
          pics by
          Olan Mills either of the same person or purchased by the same person. A
          descendant of the person in the pic says his father sold off all their
          family pics
          for the price of the frames so he only has a few that were hidden away in a
          shoe box. I'm hoping there is a way to find out if "alice" had other pics
          taken at the same time as her portrait so he can start rebuilding what was
          lost.

          Rhonda

          Please do not try to contact me at the Yahoo Groups list owner address, use
          editor@...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • Linda
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2004
            The pictures we located were over 15 years old, so I don't know about the
            year thing.

            Linda