Re: [genphoto] Unidentified people in photographs

  • Rstarthistle@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2004
      post as attachments to the appropriate rootsweb message boards.

      Rhonda

    • ngchesnutt@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
        Winthrop College is in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

      • ngchesnutt@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
          In a message dated 06/01/2004 1:21:51 AM, Rstarthistle@... writes:

          > post as attachments to the appropriate rootsweb message boards.

          I have posted all the photographs with names to both the surname board and
          the state board if given. I have no idea of the names or where the other
          photographs were taken. I thought there was a site where you could send scans of
          unknown photos.

        • MHKalman
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
            Try Ancient Faces

            http://www.ancientfaces.com/

            . I thought there was a site where you could send scans of
            unknown photos.

            ---

          • ngchesnutt@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2004
              Thank you. I will give that a try.

            • HPA
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2004
                There are millions of unidentified photographs out there. Here in Oregon,
                the local historic society files them by photographer, the file is called
                the Photographer reference file, and is used to study examples of backdrops,
                for dating, conservation samples, etc. I should add that they are not
                looking for any more samples, they have more than enough.
                Tom Robinson