A different approach

  • LRiffey007@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
      First of all, the original print should never be displayed where light or
      high humidity can get at the print. All prints, B&W and color will fade over
      time. If I had several siblings who all wanted the print, I would have copies made
      for each. Excellent copies can be made regardless of the print size by
      businesses that specialize in this type of work. The copies can be mounted in the
      original frames. Many of mine have been copied with great success. As an
      addition backup, I have photographed them with a digital camera and put them on CD's.
      l am lucky in that being an only child, there is no one to argue with.

      Larry Riffey

    • wilburd@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
        It seems hard to believe that someone is an only child of an only child
        of an only child on both sides of the family. This could be one for
        Ripley's Believe it or Not. He never new what it was like not to have
        any cousins nor Aunts & Uncles. I think we can all feel sorry for him.

        Wilbur D. Russell
        1015 South 4th
        Leavenworth Ks.66048-3410
        Pho 913/651-5662 QUE SERA SERA
        http://community.webtv.net/wilburd/SLLUGseniorLansing
        MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
      • Cheryl
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 4:57 PM
          As a former student of Photography and who loves Genealogy and wants
          to preserve the said photo, I have done both (photographed it,
          reproduced 8x10's for all in the family; and wish to find a way to
          preserve it even further). I have written the Smithoen (sp)and hope
          to get a reply from them in the days and weeks that are to come.
        • genealogyjga@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2 6:40 PM
            Since we all have such good photos, why don't we share? Can we attach
            photos to our posts?
          • sogerd
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2 7:56 PM
              I don't think we can attach photo's - however, I also believe they
              may be uploaded to the Photo's section. You will need to actually
              come to the group site to be able to do that however.
              Dawn
              A List Moderator