Re: [genphoto] heirlooms to other family members

  • Rstarthistle@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28 9:28 PM
      In a message dated 4/28/04 10:40:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      wilburd@... writes:

      > In regards to a family heirloom of any type the general practice is that
      > it goes to the oldest son of the oldest son of the oldest son. I am sure
      > that there must be such a person in your family. By the way how did you
      > happen to have them in your possesion?

      In my family it goes to one that will treasure it for what it is and/or the
      story behind it, not for what it may be worth monetarily (if anything). The
      other problem is that some relations don't take care of anything they have but
      this can also cause friction because those people don't happen to see that point
      and would like other items to destroy.

      Rhonda

    • nanismith@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29 1:32 PM
        Old family photos, journals, etc. are not things to be 'owned.' They require a caretaker...someone who will cherish them for the rich heritage they hold in and of themselves....someone willing to care for them, preserve them, share them freely, and then pass them on to the right person to be their next caretaker. psmith

      • JerryABarb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30 6:35 AM
          In a message dated 4/29/04 3:33:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
          nanismith@... writes:
          Old family photos, journals, etc. are not things to be 'owned.' They require
          a caretaker...someone who will cherish them for the rich heritage they hold
          in and of themselves....someone willing to care for them, preserve them, share
          them freely, and then pass them on to the right person to be their next
          caretaker. psmith
          This definitely expresses my views!! NEVER pass them on to a person who
          isn't really interested in them...they will be lost, destroyed, etc.