Baltimore City 19th-Century Photos update

  • g.ruppert@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2004
      I've added a few more photos to the Baltimore City 19th-Century Photos Website. The surnames are Bennett, Copes, Schneider, Thomas and LaFevre. The image of David Bennett and F. L. Copes is a really nice one. This is a cased picture of two Civil War Union soldiers with a patriotic background that has been hand colored. A unique item.

      Baltimore City Nineteenth-Century Photos is a collection of *identified* portraits of Baltimore residents, Baltimore scenes or images made in Baltimore Studios. Enjoy the photos and please let me know if you would like to contribute.

      http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~ruppert/

      THANKS

      Gary
      Baltimore
      http://home.att.net/~g.ruppert
    • g.ruppert@att.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2004
        It's been a while since the last public announcement about updates to Baltimore City 19th-Century Photos, although new images are added regularly.

        Today, I've uploaded a number of interesting pictures. Some of the surnames include: Byer, Hesse, Muehlberger, Smoot and others.

        The photo of Ella May Byer, a tintype of an infant is somewhat unique because it includes the mother's hand holding a baby bottle. The Smoot photos cover roughly 40 or more years and include a great grandfather and his great grandson.

        One of my favorites, I've labelled "Smoot ... maybe." This is an 1890s photo made by a traveling photographer of a young couple on their front stoop. Lots of attitude!

        Please stop by for a visit at:

        http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~ruppert/index.html

        For those unfamiliar with this site, it is a collection of **identified** subjects from 19th century Baltimore City photo studios. Feel free to visit and contribute.

        THANKS

        Gary
        Baltimore
        http://home.att.net/~g.ruppert