Photographers in Hartford, CT

  • Marilyn Hesse
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2004
      Does anyone know if a list of such photographers has been compiled?
      The photographs all date from the 1800s and early 1900s. If we could
      find out when the various photographers were in business, it would
      help to date the photos.

      Marilyn Mills Hesse
      marilynhesse@...
    • Michael Stupinski
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2004
        I have no idea if such a specific list has been compiled, but if anyone
        has access to city directories for Hartford, something that was common
        for many cities, perhaps photographers were listed by profession.

        ...........Mike

        On Jan 24, 2004, at 8:04 PM, Marilyn Hesse wrote:

        > Does anyone know if a list of such photographers has been compiled?
        > The photographs all date from the 1800s and early 1900s. If we could
        > find out when the various photographers were in business, it would
        > help to date the photos.
        >
        > Marilyn Mills Hesse
        > marilynhesse@...
      • Marilyn Hesse
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2 10:32 AM
          We found that Ancestry.com now has some Hartford city directories,
          which include businesses. There are about 8 photographers listed in
          1877 and 1892.