Re: [genphoto] Photo retouching assistance offered

  • Jim Brazelton
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hi Deb: Do you do logos? I want to design a logo for my civil war group to put on shirts, hats, letterhead, etc. I can't draw a straight line and don't have the knowledge to use Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. I do have some ideas. If you can do, what do you charge? I am also new to the group. It looks very interesting as I have several old family photos to work with. I am Jim Brazelton and live in Modesto, CA.

      Deb <talbottrails@...> wrote:I'm new to the list, and to genealogy, but have some family memory
      products I'm hoping to put into production this coming year.

      I am a professional artist, photorgrapher and retoucher using Adobe
      Photoshop. I'd like to let everyone know that for anyone who is
      feeling overwhelmed with a specific project or goal, I'm available to
      help. My husband passed away this year and I'm moving home to help
      care for my mom. I would like to work from home, and the idea of
      offering to help others who find Photoshop overwhelming seems hopeful.

      I wish all of us a happier, gentler year, filled with family and
      love. Isn't that the way it should always be?

      Best wishes to all....

      Deb

    • talbottrails@direcway.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
        Hi, Jim :-)

        I noticed you're in Modesto - I just moved from Stockton, CA back to the east coast about a year ago. I miss Stockton! I miss the weather!

        Yes, I do logos, and would be happy to help you... I'll email you offlist so not to clog it up.

        Deb

      • Jim Brazelton
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2004
          Looking forward to hearing from you. Stockton is still the gang-banger capital but Modesto is quickly catching up. I guess you've been following the Peterson case like the rest of the world. I'm the D.A. of Stanislaus Co. so I'm right in the middle of the media nightmare. Talk to you soon. Jim

          talbottrails@... wrote:Hi, Jim :-)

          I noticed you're in Modesto - I just moved from Stockton, CA back to the east coast about a year ago. I miss Stockton! I miss the weather!

          Yes, I do logos, and would be happy to help you... I'll email you offlist so not to clog it up.

          Deb

          BRAZ

        • M Lindley
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004
            Deb, what a wonderful person you are!!

            I have some physical limitations that have put a real damper on my desire to
            plow onward with the photos and (thank you for suggesting Adobe Photoshop)
            software to archive and protect the family heritage we have (lots still
            missing. . . . sigh).

            I look forward to seeing your messages for others on the group, and I very
            much appreciate the invitation to ask your help.

            I do want to say I'm so sorry for your loss of your husband, as I'm sure any
            and all of us who have incurred loss in this fashion would wholeheartedly
            agree, and I admire your drive to survive -- and, I'm sure, from your
            wording, you will _thrive_ -- in your work, in your pastimes (so many!) and
            in the brotherhood that this list seems to contain.

            My very best wishes to you for a good 2004,
            Marianne (Anchorage, Alaska)