Re: [genphoto] software question

  • Bill Russell
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2003
      Yes I have been using Picasa for sometime. It at one time was the top rated
      program on the market for organizing your digital images. caution and be
      sure you have your camera set on continue and not renew when you start over
      or on a different card. If not the program will tell you that the image is
      already in there and do you want to replace it. When you have the Picasa
      program in your computer, any time the computer senses any images it asks if
      you want to install them in the program. It will take all of that entry and
      if it finds a pix with the same I.D. will replace the one you already have
      in your program. The only way to identify between the two is to jot down the
      assigned number and compare the two pix, then if you want to keep the new
      pix which has the same number as the old pix, you will have to rename it.
      It is avery good program and the thumbnails are very good.

      Wilbur D. Russell
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 25, 2003

        > Hi
        > A cousin just sent me this and was wondering if any one has used it and
        > is using it for organizeing you pics.
        > Click here: Picasa: Automated Digital Photo Organizer software, instant
        > photo albums, sharing & printing <http://www.lifescapeinc.com/picasa/>

        My very favorite organization software is BR PhotoARchiver
        http://www.br-software.com/ It's quite inexpensive; and I **love** it.
        It lets you organize by date, locale and umpteen user-definable categories.

        I use it for Wildflower Photos, Genealogy Photos, and all other digital
        images.

        Susan
      • HDMShort@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 25, 2003
          I've seen Picassa in action and my friend who has really likes it. I thought
          it was good, apparently easy to use and the price was reasonable.