Re: [genphoto] Books on Dating Old Photos

  • Becky Clark
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 2003
      Charles:
      I use the book "Sotheby's Guide to Photographs" (1998) by Thomas Weston
      Fels.
      Becky Clark

      Charles Stamp wrote:

      >Hi.
      >
      >My name is Charles Stamp and I'm new to the group. I was wondering
      >if anyone in the group could recommend a good book or two on the
      >interpretation/dating of old photos.
      >
      >Thanks in advance for any assistance and best holiday wishes to all
      >in the group.
      >
      >Regards,
      >Chas.

      >Post message: genphoto@yahoogroups.com
      >Subscribe: genphoto-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME BEFORE MAIL STOPS! ASK YAHOO ABOUT IT! NOT ME!
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >To visit your group on the web, go to:

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Charles Stamp
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 2003
        Thanks, Becky. I really appreciate your assistance.

        Regards,
        Chas.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 25, 2003
          Hello Charles. Two books that are very good for beginners are: A
          Collector's Guide to Early Photographs, by O. Henry Mace (1999) and Uncovering Your
          Ancestry Through Family Photographs: How to Interpret and Preserve Your Family's
          Visual History, by Maureen A. Taylor (2000). Both of these books can be found
          easily at Barnes and Noble and/or Border's, and they are both under $20.00.
          Hope this information helps.

          Sincerely,
          Jennifer Bower
        • Bill Russell
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 2003
            If you go to the photo section of Cyndi's list you will not have to purchase
            a book, the answers are all there.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 26, 2003
              Thanks, Bill. I appreciate the info.

              Regards,