DVD X slide show with effects

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      TIP: first make a CD-R backup of all digital camera pictures or scans, then
      rename, edit and organize. Online comments about another slide show program
      mentioned how easy it was to delete the original pictures. Television show
      mentioned bad sectors on a digital camera storage card.

      Tried two DVD X Shows today. Selected the option to add two boxes
      automatically to each picture in the set and then positioned them on the
      pictures one by one. Additional boxes can be added. There is a way to view
      each picture and undo the resize & moves if it doesn't look right. Looks
      good on the hard drive but didn't make a DVD yet to try on another computer
      or television DVD player. Most of the pictures were about 900 kb 1600x1200
      pixels adjusted with Paint Shop Pro 8.x "One Step Photo Fix."

      Sometimes the shape of the subjects in the pictures is different than the
      box size allowed. I could start with three children on the left side in a
      group of four and then pan sideways to show two faces closer on the right
      side, or show top part of baby climbing the stairs and pan down to his toes
      at the end of the show.

      I'll try view the demo again to see what features were missed by the first
      experiments. No experience with Kai Power Show. -- Elizabeth