on the subject of slides......

  • sandraroy111
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2003
      I have sucessfully scanned and digitally "cleaned up" about 1120
      sildes, and backed them up to cd for safety....now what I'd like to
      do is to put them in a "slide show" format so they can be viewed on
      a TV using a DVD player. Does anyone recommend a software program?

      Sandra
    • sandraroy111

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2003
          What program did you youse to put them on a cd? Have you tried them yet
          on a dvd player?

          Wilbur D. Russell
          1015 South 4th
          Leavenworth Ks.66048-3410
          Pho 913/651-5662 QUE SERA SERA
          http://community.webtv.net/wilburd/SLLUGseniorLansing
          MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
        • E.Rodier
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18, 2003
            The main problem is great-grandma's DVD player over a year old doesn't work
            with Video CDs. CD-RW media more likely to work for about 200 images. Latest
            DVD writers need Roxio Easy CD 6 update.
            http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv5.jhtml

            Sonic MyDVD came with Sony writer
            http://www.mydvd.com/default.asp

            Paint Shop Photo Album 4 has 41 mb trial version
            http://www.jasc.com/products/photoalbum/share.asp

            I'm told pictures must be divided into chapters. -- Elizabeth

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
              Sandra,
              Some experimenting will be required to find out how many images can be
              organized in a single slide show and which DVD player will work with a
              television. Some of the name brand (expensive) DVD players are fussy about
              computer CD & DVD media. Watched my JPG images in a simple Windows folder
              from a DVD-Recordable played on a television.

              Name image files and rotate if necessary so that they will play in logical
              order from simple Windows sub-folders. Then they are ready to copy to a more
              advanced program like DVD X Show and set the time & zoom options for chosen
              areas of pictures.

              My technical advisor is working out the best combination of software and DVD
              media to copy pictures for relatives. The DVD player at Mum's house will not
              play *any* pictures from computer CD-Recordables. Kodak Photo CD slide show
              doesn't play on any of our equipment but the individual images are okay.
              (JPG from 35mm film processed at Walmart) -- Elizabeth