Re: [genphoto] Re: Storing CDs

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 17, 2002
      Exactly right to say 'whatever works' because printed sets of picture
      collections are my goal. 300-600 dpi images usually have to be printed one
      page at a time unless the originals are small snapshots. For your
      hypothetical example, I'd put a wedding party photo with the groom's family.
      Slide slows and lengthy genealogy scrapbooks sorted by date are more for my
      own reference than display to others.

      Most of my e-mail contacts are interested in printing pictures in family
      book projects or charts, not just collecting image files. Photo charts with
      three pictures per person are very interesting displays at local meetings.
      More DVDs made today. One brand does not seem to be as good as others,
      especially near the outer edge. Useful capacity is well below the 4.7 GB
      marked.
      Elizabeth

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 18, 2002
        The small email images I was thinking of are the unidentified ones I
        send to distant relations, asking if they know anything about them ...
        most of the people who want print copies get a CD full of images, it's
        easier than email when sending a lot.

        Andrew J. Morris
        Photohistory for Genealogists
        http://www.ajmorris.com/roots/photo/photo.htm