Re: [genphoto] old Kodak slides [CORRECTED VERSION]

  • Carroll Hughes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
      Debbie Silverberg wrote:

      > Hello, I was wondering is there any way to enhance the quality of old
      > slides.

      Debbie:

      There are two basic methods - one is to make duplicate slides with a
      slide copier that has a color correction head, cyan, yellow and magenta
      filters. This works most of the time for Slides that haven't faded too
      much. The other method is computer correction where the slides are
      scanned and corrected with Photoshop or one of the other image
      correction programs. There are examples of both on my website under
      Photographic Restoration of slides and Digital Restoration ... of slides

      --

      Carroll Hughes

      PHOTOGRAPHY and DIGITAL IMAGING, PHOTO RESTORATION
      email: mailto:hughescck@...
      Visit my website: http://chughesphoto.com

      Please do not try to contact me at the Yahoo Groups list owner address,
      use editor@...

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • wilburd@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
        Sorry this has nothing to do with subject of slides, but used this to
        obtain e-mail address. Now my question is, which is the best way to
        xfer your genealogical data from one comuter to another? To make a
        backup or to save and xfer as a ged-com. Please let me hear from you
        on this subject.

        Wilbur D. Russell
        1015 South 4th
        Leavenworth Ks.66048-3410
        Pho 913/651-5662 QUE SERA SERA
        http://community.webtv.net/wilburd/SLLUGseniorLansing
        MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
      • LRiffey007@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
          Burn a CD works for backup and/or transferring to another computer. I just
          did this yesterday in preparation for a genealogy research trip.

          Larry

        • Jann G
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
            Wilber,

            A backup within your genealogical program would be best. A GEDCOM does not
            always collect and reuse 100% of the information.

            Jann