Re: [genphoto] old Kodak slides

  • Carroll Hughes
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2002
      Debbie Silverberg wrote:

      > Hello, I was wondering is there any way to enhance the quality of old
      > slides.

      Debbie:

      There are two basic methods - one is to make duplicate slides with a
      slide copier that has a color correction head, cyan, yellow and magenta
      filters. This works most of the time for filters that haven't faded too
      much. The other method is computer correction where the slides are
      scanned and corrected with Photoshop or one of the other image
      correction programs. There are examples of both on my website under
      Photographic Restoration of slides and Digital Restoration ... of slides

      --

      Carroll Hughes

      PHOTOGRAPHY and DIGITAL IMAGING, PHOTO RESTORATION
      email: mailto:hughescck@...
      Visit my website: http://chughesphoto.com
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2002
        One button fade correction works wonders in Paint Shop Pro. Sometimes I use
        Quick Fix in Jasc's newer AfterShot program when editing digital camera
        pictures. Kodachromes have better color than Ektachromes (faster film.) Dust
        is the main problem with scanning slides.

        I like to crop and touch up my own scans, and give them meaningful file
        names as the images are collected. A good slide/film scanner can handle
        several slide or cut negatives at a time.
        Elizabeth