Re: [genphoto] Nikon SP

  • Mark Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2002
      >I am selling Nikon SP, purchased in 1961. Camera is in excellent
      >condition. The leather case isn't.

      Paul,

      First, I'm a Nikon owner but not a Nikon expert. Here's my nickel's worth:
      the Nikon SP is considered one of the best and most sought after Nikon that
      was ever made. You might know what you have, but you might not. The body
      is valued over $1,000 depending on if it is black and what the serial number
      is. On ebay, there is an excellent Nikon SP outfit that has bid up to
      $2875.00 after 19 bids and still has 12 hours to go. There is another one
      (black, which is more rare) that is bid to $730 after 8 bids and 7 days to
      go.

      Clearly, this is a camera that you ought to use exceptional care when
      selling. It is rare and much coveted.

      Here's a couple of places to start: (I'm not affliated with either)

      http://pacificrimcamera.com/

      http://www.tamarkin.com/auction/#01

      Mark Hamilton
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2002
        One camera collector's choice for current pictures is a new 35mm Nikon with
        zoom and film scanner, along with a pocket size digital still and small
        video.
        Elizabeth