Re: [genphoto] young woman, early picture

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2001
      The person who owns pictures may not have the family history with dates or
      any knowledge of the history of photography. One family had identified a
      young man in 1880s military uniform as the first ancestor in Canada who was
      already middle aged when he married in 1849.

      In the case of the young woman's picture, I don't think she could be the
      ancestor married 1807 who lived about 1783 - 1871.

      For both pictures, my choice is a same-name relative from a later
      generation.
      Elizabeth