Re: [genphoto] young woman, early picture

  • ISmithrice@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2001
      <<Maria who died 1871. My guess would be a granddaughter who was born 1857
      and maybe photographed around 1880.>>

      Ouch... am I reading this correctly?? She died in 1871 and was photographed
      in 1880?? I don't think I want to go there!! :-P

    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2001
        The person who owns pictures may not have the family history with dates or
        any knowledge of the history of photography. One family had identified a
        young man in 1880s military uniform as the first ancestor in Canada who was
        already middle aged when he married in 1849.

        In the case of the young woman's picture, I don't think she could be the
        ancestor married 1807 who lived about 1783 - 1871.

        For both pictures, my choice is a same-name relative from a later
        generation.
        Elizabeth