Re: [genphoto] Under The Weather

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2001
      This member of the list has a virus, which is sending messages to the list.
      I will contact Please do not open any attachments that might be distributed
      through the list. Particularly any ending in .pif. You shouldn't be
      receiving any Program Information Files anyway, they are system files used
      by Windows and probably disguise something else.

      Steve

      Steve Knoblock popular history
      editor@... of photography
      www.city-gallery.com and genealogy
      Remember New York
    • Susan B. Farmer
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001

        >This member of the list has a virus, which is sending messages to the list.
        >I will contact Please do not open any attachments that might be distributed
        >through the list. Particularly any ending in .pif. You shouldn't be
        >receiving any Program Information Files anyway, they are system files used
        >by Windows and probably disguise something else.

        I don't know who the "moderator/creator" of this group is, but I'd recommend
        setting it so that attachments *CAN"T* be distributed via the list. It's
        an easy change. Attachments can be placed in the "Files" section if you
        want folks to see them.

        Watch out for the _ as the first character of the users name. It can infect
        you EVEN IF you *don't* open the attachment. :-(

        Remember, practice "Safe email."

        Do *not* open *any* attachments
        **UNLESS** you know the sender,
        *AND* you're expecting an attachment from that person,
        *AND* the filename of the attachment matches the filename
        that you're expecting.

        Susan
      • ChrissyDe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
          What member? I keep getting the emails but they never give the address of the person who has the virus.
          Thanks,
          Chrissy