Re: [genphoto] Restoring old photos digitally...?

  • DVGagel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2001
      In a message dated 9/30/01 9:23:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      sfarmer@... writes:

      << Once done, how does one get it to film (not printed on a printer)
      >for a hard copy?

      You will need a copy negative made. I make my own with a portable copy stand
      and a 35 mm camera with macro lens. Then you can make as many "real"
      photographic copies as needed as long as you properly store the negative.
    • Adam Bancroft
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2001
        Sorry for the delay in my reply, it's been a busy couple of weeks.
        Thanks to everyone who gave advice. The "older Boy" is me with
        my 'lil sister. I was 3yrs old at the time. I could likely remove
        the crease (damage) from the jacket, but I was wondering if I should
        keep the wrinkeled (damaged) background. Should I keep it or TRY to
        restore it totaly?

        --- In genphoto@y..., "Susan B. Farmer" <sfarmer@g...> wrote:
        > If you can, I'd try and get that crease out of the older boy's
        > shirt. Looks nice -- I know folks who would be *thrilled* with
        > that much improvement.
        >
        > Susan
      • E. Rodier
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2001
          Try several versions of a photo and then use a program like Paint Shop Pro
          to compare multiple copies at the same time. Then keep the best.

          If the image editing program doesn't allow screen comparisons, make a large
          printout of the best versions after editing and mark each one with the file
          name.

          It takes about two years to learn image editing and file management. You can
          always go back to the original scan and work on it again when you have a new
          copy of your favorite image program with extra tools. My images are usually
          taken to the stage of removing distracting damage.

          There are some new kinds of printer paper available to make a favorite
          picture look like a painting on canvas or fabric.
          Elizabeth in Canada