960Re: [genphoto] uncurling old photo

  • Patty Brown
    Jul 4, 2001
      Hi Dorrie,
      Soaking in water will work well if the photo is not too old. Older photos
      often run the risk of the emulsion floating off if left in the water too long.

      Here's what you need to do. Get a spray bottle (the type of thing you'd use
      to spray water onto plants) and some plain blotter paper. Use filtered
      water. Keep spraying the BACK of the photo until the water absorbs into it
      and the photo will start to unroll. When it's completely unrolled (or
      enough that it's not going to crack when you flatten it), lay it between 2
      pieces of blotter paper and put something on top to weigh it down. As it
      dries it will take on this new flat shape.

      Good luck
      Patty