956Re: [genphoto] Digital Camera

  • DVGagel@aol.com
    Jul 4, 2001
      I have had a Sony Mavica for about 1 1/2 years now. It has a macro function
      that I use to make copies of photographs, etc. in libraries that do not allow
      copy stands, etc. It also has picture effects for sepia, negative, and BW. It
      does use a floppy disk, which I like so I can use with any of my
      computers--lap or desk. It also has a 6x zoom. I can transfer the pix to my
      harddrive or what I usually do is copy on to CD and reuse the floppies after
      formatting the disk in the camera. Short videos are also possible. You can
      save the pix in various formats: normal, voice, and email. Image size goes
      from 640x480 to 1024x768 to 1216x912.
      For genealogy this is a great camera to use in addition to my 35 mm cameras.
      Diane
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic