      From: "Jeffrey Owens" <owensj@...>
      To: <genphoto@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 9:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [genphoto] Digital Camera

      > While the topic of discussion is digital camera selection I wonder if
      anyone has had any experience with using a digital camera to capture
      text from books or other printed material and then running it through an
      OCR software on a laptop. This would be so great for those trips to the
      library. At the national archives you can't use hand scanners and the
      photocopy process for older materials requires a lengthy process. Even
      at my local historical societies it would be a great time saver. I once
      saw a priest who was researching at my local society using such a
      setup,but at that time didn't think it enough priority to ask many
      reagrding the specs, etc.
      > TNX for any comments,
      > Jeff Owens
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic