950Re: [genphoto] Digital Camera

  • Jeffrey Owens
    Jul 3 6:12 PM
      While the topic of discussion is digital camera selection I wonder if
      anyone has had any experience with using a digital camera to capture
      text from books or other printed material and then running it through an
      OCR software on a laptop. This would be so great for those trips to the
      library. At the national archives you can't use hand scanners and the
      photocopy process for older materials requires a lengthy process. Even
      at my local historical societies it would be a great time saver. I once
      saw a priest who was researching at my local society using such a setup,
      but at that time didn't think it enough priority to ask many questions
      reagrding the specs, etc.

      TNX for any comments,
      Jeff Owens
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic