      I was just updating my photos with your very much appreciated dating help.
      I noticed that there were a few others that I might be able to distinguish
      if I had a good date and so I thought I would impose on you again. In Album
      #7 at http://www.picturetrail.com/pyeatt the last photo is of Tony
      McKinney. I thought at first that it was printed on glass, but, someone
      else told me it was metal. Also, in album #12 - these people are
      identified, but, I do not have dates. I have tried to come up with some
      based on known dates of birth, etc. But, on some of them, I do not know
      that information or am not sure which 'Russell Carson' etc. they are
      identifying. And, if you have time on your hands and want to take a gander
      at the other albums there are photos in there that may or may not have
      dates. Anything to help would be greatly appreciated. Marianne

      Bill and/or
      Glenna Jo To: genphoto@yahoogroups.com
      Christen cc:
      <gwjchris@rus Subject: Re: [genphoto] Book
      t.net> Recommendation

      02/03/01
      08:02 PM
      Please
      respond to
      genphoto

      pyeattm@... wrote:

      > I have a group of photos for which I have no identification at all except
      > they are part of my Perry family.

      Here are my thoughts...

      Young boy in NO: 1863-1866 (see Lady in NO)

      Lady in NO: her dress says 1864-68, but I assume there is no revenue stamp
      (1864-1866), Samuel Anderson was in business at that address during the
      war.

      Lady and Child in NO: she is wearing the same dress as above, this was
      another
      son (note his hair appears to be parted on the side). The three images
      were
      probably taken on the same day...perhaps for her husband who may have been
      away...a soldier? The best I can do is 1864-1866. We need to know when
      Anderson
      was in business as Samuel. He is listed as being in partnership with a
      Blessing
      and a Turner at that address. These two business name changes may establish
      date. When my wife returns tomorrow night, I'll have check the dress. I
      need to
      see the backmark.

      Faded Lady: She is not wearing an 1840s dress...it's more like 1870s. The
      image
      itself is a post 1870 format. My wife can probably narrow it even more.

      Siblings in NO: 1863-1866, R. Washburn at 109 Canal and W. W. Washburen at
      113
      Canal during the war. I need to see the backmark.

      Brother & Sister in NO: 1865-1868, painted backdrop and again I need to see
      the
      backmark.

      Mother and daughter in NO: 1866-1870: mother's clothes

      F??bis of Vicksburg: vignetted image (1860s) of of another image (possibly
      late
      1850s)

      Wedding picture: 1863-1867, need to see backmark. Joslin was in business in
      Vicksburg during the war

      Bushman images: both from early 1880s

      baby's images: 1875-80s, when was Bushman in business?

      Miniature: think it's 1880s

      Handsome man: 1885-1890...just as you stated

      Dark skinned man: 1863-1869

      Galveston: late1870s to early 1880s

      Louisville men's images: agree with you (my expertise is 1855-1870)

      Louisville lady could be in the 1880s also.

      If we knew when the photographer were in business, we might be able to
      match
      some of your dates. The KY and TX images may dovetail with family
      movements.

      Bill

      --
      gwjchris@...
      Visit our web site, "The Curiosity Shop"

      list admin: knoblock@... City Gallery: http://www.city-gallery.com/
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic