453Re: [genphoto] Re: A True View of Our Ancestors

  • tom
    Jul 2, 2000
      I think this is all sound advice. Care, special pens, special labels etc,
      but I guess it depends who we are talking about.
      Millions of people take photographs and if we could get one per cent to
      identify the subject we would make a massive difference in the future.
      I don't think it is reasonable to expect ordinary family photographers to
      purchase these "special" items, mainly because they don't share our passion
      for saving them for posterity.

      If you are a genealogist ask yourself this:

      A. Which would you prefer, a photograph of great grandma with writing on the
      back stating who she is, but with a few marks on the front because of the
      writing?
      or
      B. A perfect picture of great grandma but you are not sure who she is?

      Tom

      stir, stir
      B-)