448Re: [genphoto] Re: A True View of Our Ancestors

  • Jack Henderson
    Jul 1, 2000
      At 12:25 AM 7/1/00, you wrote:

      >If people were to adopt a simple task, that is, write carefully on the back
      >of the photo some details like where it was taken, and who is in the frame,
      >it would make future generations lives a bit happier, especially family
      >historians!
      >This also eradicates the problems associated with montages; I think Fake is
      >far too emotive a term.

      Be very careful and get a pencil or pen made specifically for this work. I
      work with a lot of pix from 60 to over 100 years old, and there is a very
      large amount of them show the pen or pencil markings coming through the
      print when I try to either copy or make scans of them.

      It might even not be visible to the casual viewer, but the camera or
      scanners see it.

      Jack
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic