439Re: [genphoto] Re: A True View of Our Ancestors

  • Sandra Doolittle
    Jul 1, 2000
      Tom,

      As for writing on the back of photos.....I say Amen and Amen!

      My gr grandpapa had two wives. The first wife that died was my
      grandpapa's mama. The second wife being the step mother of all
      the children by the first wife, my gr grandmother.

      We have a beautiful photo....on hard cardboard....with a picture of
      a beautiful elegant lady. Sitting so straight , so tall, reaped with class.
      Just like you would want your gr grandmother to look like. Stylish
      and a small waist just a lovely face.

      But, here is where the story ends......on the back of the picture was
      written ever so plain....Mrs. Richardson.......but which Mrs. Richardson?
      Is she my gr grandmother....or is she the second Mrs. Richardson.

      You can never remind people to many times......write on the back...
      you know this person....by first name.....but a hundred years from
      now....you have created a great mystery.

      And, with no one left.....this will always be a mystery.

      Sandra