342[genphoto] Re: Ambrotype Cleanup

  • Dvgagel@aol.com
    Apr 1, 2000
      If I were you, I would take it to a photograph conservator at a state
      historical society or university if one is near by to see what their
      diagnosis is of the stains you mentioned. The brown on the back is the paint
      used to make the image positive. Is it intact? If not, you might try
      putting a truly black piece of paper behind the image to see if that improves
      the viewing.
      RE: the front of the glass. Is there a stain somewhere that is not on the
      image part? IF so, you could try using distilled water on a soft cotton
      cloth and see if that takes it off.