2898Re: [genphoto] Glass Negatives

  • JerryABarb@aol.com
    Feb 9, 2010

      In a message dated 2/9/2010 12:59:51 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      crow39@... writes:

      If your scanner does not have a negative/slide copy option, you can try
      placing the glass negative, glass to glass, with a piece of white paper
      on top. Then reverse the image with your software (negative or reverse
      image). This is a poor copy but you should be able to identify the scene
      and hopefully identify individuals. I used this method until I bought a
      scanner with the slide/negative option.(Epson V500).
      If you have a tripod for your digital camera, you could also prop the
      glass negative against a window, with a non-distracting view, and take a
      picture of it. Fill the screen as best you can. You will need a tripod
      because the exposure will be long. Use your software to reverse the
      image to a positive one.
      Neither is an archival method of working with your treasures, but it
      will be easier to see what you have and not too expensive.
      Good luck
      Evan