2866Dating photos

  • Gloria
    Nov 30, 2008
      Hello:
      I have just joined the list. I would appreciate help in dating a
      photo of 2 little children. It looks like a little girl and a little
      boy of about 18 mos. to 2 years of age. One child has a drop waist
      dress with a pleated skirt extending between the knees and ankles. The
      shoes look like they are the button up type that go just above the
      ankle. The other child has a shirt with a sailor collar in a darker
      color. The 'skirt' appears to be the type often worn by young boys in
      the late 1800's to early 1900's. The shoes have 3 straps: one over the
      top of the foot and 2 across the ankle.
      This is an outside photo, taken at a home, not in a studio. Since I
      only have a copy of the photo, I don't know what the format of the photo
      was originally.
      There were twins in the family in the mid 1870's, so perhaps these
      clothing styles might be representative of that era?
      Thank you for your assistance.
      Gloria
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic