2855photographer in Virginia

  • Carla G
    May 15, 2008
      Hello everyone,
      My name is Carla and I'm new to this group.
      I do photo archiving for my family and for placement in historical societies
      [I love finding pictures of ancestors!]
      Hope to share lots of info with everyone.
      Anyway, I was given a picture of my great-great-great-grandfather James
      Samuel Hicks from Washington County, Tenn. As far as I know, he never lived
      anywhere else then Washington Co., TN. But he was in the Civil War.
      This cabnit card picture of him has Gate City, Virginia on the bottom and
      the photographer's name is Shipley. I found out Gate City is in Scott
      County, Virginia, but I couldn't find anything about a photostudio or
      photographer named Shipley in the area.

      Anybody know anything about Scott County Virginia photographers or where I
      could look for info about them?

      Thanks!
      Carla
      --