2848Re: [genphoto] scanning photos
- Apr 20, 2008I have had hundreds of my own and others' negatives and slides scanned by Photomax (Provo, Utah).? The images are?put on CD and archived in a computer system located in a granite vault in the Wasatch Mountains.? Great quality and prices.?The company also offers special pricing for bulk orders.?You are welcome to contact me directly if you want more information or call the company at (800) 487-2020.
From: Janice Woolley <janice@...>
Sent: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 6:18 pm
Subject: [genphoto] scanning photos
I am a newcomer to this list. I recently acquired about 2000 slides
taken of my family, plus probably 1000 from my husband's family, not
to mention "our" slide collection of our children. The volume is
overwhelming as I read that an estimated time to clean off dust and
scan is 4 minutes a slide. I also have old B&W photos. My goal is to
sort these, choose the best and scan to DVD for distribution to
family. My questions are:
1. Have any of you used a reliable commercial service to do the
scanning? If so who?
2. What is your estimate of the time per slide and/or photo to do an
3. What scanner is recommended?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>