2567Re: [genphoto] looking for a good Photo Scanner

  • Ken Allen
    Mar 24, 2006
      Hi Tom,

      Look at the Epson 4990, I have one, and it is a very popular sub
      $1,000 scanner for photographic prints. It does not have a feeder,
      but I would be careful using a feeder unless you are talking about
      same size good condition RC prints. The 4990 does an OK job at
      scanning slides. That said you will get better image quality from
      slides if you use a dedicated scanner like the Nikon 5000ED, it has
      an atuo film loader as an accessory.

      I have no affiliation with Nikon or Epson and do not benefit from
      recommending their products.

      Best,

      Ken Allen
      Image Conservator, Inc.