2543Re: [genphoto] Digital camera repair?

  • Patricia A. Baber
    Jan 20, 2006
      Thanks for your answers to my question.
      I called Olympus repair department and they wanted $160 just to look at the
      I can buy one on eBay for about $50, but I was hesitant to do that.

      Ended up buying a Panasonic FZ5. It has 12x optical zoom and 5mp with a
      Leica lens.
      Has anybody else used this camera? If so, how do you like it?
      I'm not sure I like it yet, and may wish I had bought the Sony similar to
      The Panasonic uses an SD card. My laptop computer has a slot that it fits,
      but the computer freezes up when I try to open the images. It read my old
      SmartMedia cards just fine.
      I also like the freedom of using plain old AA batteries, rechargeable or
      throw-away, instead of the rechargeable battery supplied with the camera,
      but was told that this battery would last much longer between needing to be
      charged. Opinions?

      Thanks for your help. I still have a couple of weeks to decide if I want to
      keep this one or try another one.

      Pat Baber

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.