2541Re: [genphoto] Digital camera repair?

  • HDM SHORT
    Jan 18, 2006
      Pat:
      Its time to upgrade to a new camera. One on eBay for $50.00 may be some ones junk. 5 to 6 megs resolution are available at reasonable prices now. Shop and find a camera you like. Smart media and Secure Digital cards are in many cameras now and both work well. Buy a camera that is easy to use. Watch out for stores that sell cameras refurbished to manufactures standards. There should be a note to this edffect with the camera that is obvious to the eye.
      Bye,
      Harry Short

      "Patricia A. Baber" <pbaber@...> wrote:
      I have an Olympus C-700 digital camera. I've had it for 3-4 years, so it
      isn't new. However, I've been very satisfied with it. Today I dropped it,
      while off on a research trip. Now it will not even come on. Is it worth
      having it repaired? I checked on eBay and I could buy another one for
      probably $50-75, but if I"m going to buy a new camera, I will probably buy
      one with a higher mp rating.
      Is there anyone on the list that does repairs? I haven't called Olympus
      yet, but I'm expecting to to be rather expensive to have it repaired by
      them.

      Second question, if I do buy another camera, do any of the newer ones take
      the SmartMedia cards that I used in the C-700?

      Thanks for opinions and insight.

      Pat Baber

      Yahoo! Groups Links